Thursday, September 16, 2021

The Iron Fist

Robbie Rowe 

The Iron Fist

Get in line

Take your shot

Never whine

Never stop


Just keep going

To and fro

Where it'll stop

Nobody knows!


Do as I say

And not as I do

If you ever see through my lies

That's when I know that I'm through!


If you see me mess up

Or make a mistake

All that I ask

Is that you give me a fair shake


Now hear what I say

And follow every word

Heed them down to the letter

No matter how absurd


All that I ask

Is that you do what I say

And if you ever step out of line

I'll have to make you pay


Now, I'll always be your friend

And I'll always be your pal

Just never break my rules

Or this friendship will reach an end




6 comments:

  1. Cool very thought provoking poem .Well done Robbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, fatherino!
      Really appreciate that.

      Glad you like it.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. :D Thanks very much, Jimmy!

      I really appreciate that.

      Delete
  3. Well done Robbie- Lots of food for thought
    Dorina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Dorry!
      Really appreciate it.

      Glad you liked it.

      Delete

Adaptations: Knowing What to Change

  Adaptations Knowing What to Change When it comes to adaptations, it can be hard to get the balance right between them being loyal to the s...