Friday, November 5, 2021

Down, Not Out

 

Robbie Rowe

Down, But Not Out



You think 'cause I'm down

That it means that I'm out

But that, my friend

Is where you're sorely mistaken


No, I can't fake the pain

Nor the hate, or the rage

But I won't make it easy

And stay alone in my cage


Yeah, that last blow you gave

It sure left me reeling

But you're sorely mistaken 

If you think pain's all

That I'm feeling!


You think that it's over

I'm telling you

It's not

'Cause sooner or later

Tempers will flare


I'll tell you the truth

No word of a lie

There's far more of us

That can see through your lies!


No, tell you the truth

I don't know who you're foolin'

But it'll surely be cool when

You admit that you've lost!


'Cause you can't win forever

That one thing's for sure

And I'm gonna smile wide

When you run through that door


Yes, you thought you had us beaten

You thought that you'd won

But when you're finally beaten

And when you're simply done

I'll at last have a reason

To smile with my son



4 comments:

Adaptations: Knowing What to Change

  Adaptations Knowing What to Change When it comes to adaptations, it can be hard to get the balance right between them being loyal to the s...