Wednesday, October 20, 2021

All the Way Down

 

All the Way Down


Here I stand at the edge of hope

And all I can see are the ends of rope


I sit beneath this long dark night

And I can no longer see a light


I'm just afraid I've run out of steam

And now I'm falling apart, seam by seam


I'm just not sure when all is said and done

If I have any reason left to stay

When my life's now left in such disarray


I could blame you, the world, or even more

But that wouldn't help me find the cure

For this weight that lies beneath my heart

A weight that threatens to tear me apart


So I sit beneath this light and pray

For the will to fight for one more day




4 comments:

Adaptations: Knowing What to Change

  Adaptations Knowing What to Change When it comes to adaptations, it can be hard to get the balance right between them being loyal to the s...