Friday, January 24, 2020

Batman #87 Review


Writer: James Tynion IV
Artist: Guillem March
Rating: 8 of 8

Batman #87
Image result for batman #87
It's not often you get a perfect issue, but this is one of those times. When I was trying to figure out what to rate the issue, I was trying to figure out if I had any problems with it and, if I did, were they big enough to justify giving it a lower rating? 

But, they definitely weren't. Though the Riddler's design's a bit stranger than I'm used to, it definitely didn't detract from the issue. Tynion does a great job showcasing how characters feel, like how Commissioner Bullock is in doubt he'll be kept in the job, or in Bruce's guilt for having Lucius fill the role Alfred once had.

Image result for batman #87
With just one scene, the team delivers some truly astounding action. When Batman's chasing down one of the assassins, he pursues, while she thrillingly responds. The issue ends with an incredibly exciting cliffhanger and I can hardly wait to see how it's followed up.

Overall, an absolutely fantastic issue. I'm intrigued to find out exactly what's going on and hopeful for Bruce's plans for his city. I love how he's following up King's run and how he's using what King did instead of reversing or ignoring it. No matter how you feel about King's run, or Tynion's on Detective, I highly recommend you pick up the issue. You'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adaptations: Knowing What to Change

  Adaptations Knowing What to Change When it comes to adaptations, it can be hard to get the balance right between them being loyal to the s...